PUWER Awareness Course
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) applies to the provision of all work equipment, including toolbox tools, laboratory apparatus, ladders, lifting and mobile work equipment. PUWER applies to all workplaces and work situations where the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 applies.
This 1 day awareness course will be packed with practical examples and lots of pictorial references to real life situations in order to underpin and expand your knowledge base of this subject. From the practical examples you will begin to visually start understanding your legal obligations in order to meet the requirements of PUWER. During this course we will outline and help you understand when PUWER inspections should be carried out. PUWER inspections are normally based around European and International standards as they can, if followed correctly, provide a presumed level of compliance. European and International standards are not law but provide the best way of showing you have fulfilled your legal obligations in complying with PUWER and the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. The course will provide you with a basic understanding of how to follow and apply these standards. It will also identify key issues which may arise when purchasing new equipment or machinery, giving you the information to make sure that your new machinery will be PUWER compliant.
All our courses are delivered by fully trained and qualified lecturers with a wealth of knowledge and experience in their given fields.
On completion of this course attendees will have an understanding of:
- Work through the legal framework of Regulations 1-24
- The Approved Code of Practice (L22) and how it relates to PUWER and Health and Safety at Work Act
- Know when PUWER inspections should be carried out and what they should contain
- Identify typical hazards associated with machinery and work equipment
- Understand how European and International standards work in relation to complying with PUWER
and the Machinery Directive
- Know your legal obligations when purchasing new CE marked equipment
- Summary of the day
Where will the course be held?
This course can be held at a location, venue and time that suits you. The number of delegates can range from 1 – 12.
Who should attend?
- Site Directors
- Health and Safety Practitioners
- Engineering Managers and Engineering Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Purchasing and Acquisition personnel
Brian Matthewman Tel: 0044 7833 444746 Email: Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Tel: 0044 1473 822922 Email: email@example.com