Why our Client Made Contact with ST&L:
ST&L had previously provided advice, consultancy and support in developing corporate European machinery safety standards for The Client. The Client had a requirement to assess all of its production machinery on 16 x European sites against its corporate machinery safety standard. It was initially agreed that only 900 HIGH RISK machines would be inspected for this phase of the project.
Several Machinery Safety Expert Companies were called in by the Client and ask to present their company and credentials. ST&L won the contract based on their technical knowledge and existing experience of The Client’s corporate standards and machinery, and their ability to provide a consistent approach to assessing multiple machinery types located in different European countries. The same ST&L Team was used throughout the project on all 16 sites. The project took 12 months to complete and was a contract value of just under £500K.
- Implement a strategy to manage the assessment for all HIGH RISK plant & machinery.
- Design a suitable bespoke assessment platform with checklists and common snag database in Microsoft Excel for the project.
- Undertake a Client corporate machinery safety standard gap analysis of all HIGH RISK machinery and equipment assets, including an assessment of the integrity and suitability of the existing safety-related control systems (SRCS).
- Create multiple Executive Summary reports to enable The Client to compare compliance scores of different machinery types, lines, sites and countries
ST&L Scope of Works:
- Develop a suitable bespoke assessment platform in Microsoft Excel.
- Where necessary, undergo in-house training of the ST&L Team members.
- Send an appropriately-sized ST&L Team to each of the 16 sites and carry out Client corporate machinery safety standard assessments and due-diligence check of electrical control panels on the HIGH RISK plant and machinery and provide reports with priority levels for corrective actions.
- Present findings and gap-analysis to the Client.
- Where required, to provide further advice, consultancy and support to The Client’s Project Team regarding the technical feasibility of corrective action guarding, interlocking and safety-related control systems.