Why our Client Made Contact with ST&L:
The Client had a PUWER assessment carried out by another external company on a fertiliser/mixing/bagging line and this raised some safety concerns.
The Client contacted ST&L to assist them with the improvements and corrective actions as the original PUWER assessment company did not offer this service.
- Implement a strategy to manage the risk reduction and control of hazards for the machine.
- Liaise with The Client’s operators and production staff to design and develop practical and useable solutions that minimised the impact to the process.
- Design and manage the installation of machinery guarding and upgrading of the SRCS (safety-related control system).
ST&L Scope of Works:
- Liaison with the client to develop a project plan for implementation of corrective actions.
- Development a of Statement of Requirement (SOR) document outlining the proposed design of the guarding, interlocking and access solutions.
- Presentation of the SOR to the Client with Project, Engineering, H&S and Operational personnel.
- Update and final sign-off of SOR.
- Quotation produced for corrective actions.
- Design, manufacture, install and commission final solution involving the selection, programming, validation, pre-testing of a modular safety PLC controller.