Machinery Safety Audits
Regular inspections of your machinery by independent ST&L mechanical and electrical engineers ensure the suitability and effectiveness of your existing safety measures in accordance with your PUWER 98 and/or EHSR/Corporate compliance.
Equipment Safety Audits/ PUWER
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) requires users of work equipment to carry out risk assessment and provide work equipment that is suitable for its intended task and can be used without putting persons at risk. The Regulations cover any machinery, appliance, apparatus, tool or installation for use at work (whether exclusively or not) - effectively it is anything used at work.
The 1998 regulations (updating the original 1992 Regulations) introduce requirements to ensure that, for reasons of health and safety, inspections are carried out:
- After installation and before being put into service for the first time; or after assembly at a new site or in a
new location to ensure that it has been installed correctly and is safe to operate.
- After work equipment has been exposed to any conditions causing deterioration, which is liable to cause a dangerous
- At suitable intervals; and
- Each time that exceptional circumstances have occurred that are liable to jeopardise the safety of work equipment.
The results of these inspections have to be documented and kept until the next subsequent inspection is recorded.
So in other words you should have a current inspection report at all times.
- The regulations now make it an offense to allow work equipment to leave an employers undertaking, or if obtained
from another undertaking, be used, unless it is accompanied by physical evidence that the last inspection has
been carried out.
ST&L Limited will work closely with your personnel to ensure compliance and can provide our training seminars at your premises, a venue of your choice or at our training facility.
Alternatively, ST&L Limited can complete the whole task on your behalf and present you with a comprehensive report backed up by all documentation required by the Regulations, which would include:
- Quick and efficient risk assessment
- Hazard identification
- Risk Evaluation
- Recommendations for control measures ‘To do list’
- Full documentation
For more information on PUWER Compliance and our related safety services contact us
EHSR / Corporate
(Essential Health & Safety Requirements)
When mandated by the customer, ST&L Limited will act as authorised representative established in the community … “to perform on his behalf all or part of the obligations and formalities connected with this Directive.”
Management of activities and processes generating the necessary compliance strategies, safety designs and documents for;
- Individual Machines
- Complex Assemblies
- Production of TCF (Technical Construction File)
- Production of EC Declaration of Conformity (or Incorporation)
- Application of The CE mark
- Hold all relevant information for 10 years.
For further information about this service please contact us